Dominic L. Bacetich
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Roadway and Highway Design
- Medical Negligence Claims
- Nursing Home Litigation
I was born in Anacortes, Washington to my parents, Al, a ferry boat captain to Guemes Island for many years, and Norma, an executive administrative assistant to the Police and Fire Chief for decades. I graduated from Anacortes High School in 1973 at the top of my class and was elected Student Body President and Governor of Key Club for the Pacific Northwest Region. I have two brothers.
I was the first in my family to attend college, Gonzaga (1973-1977) Magna Cum Laude with Honors (Political Science and Broadcast Journalism), and the only member to obtain a post-secondary degree-having received my Juris Prudence ("JD") degree from Gonzaga School of Law in 1980. While at university, I was awarded the prestigious Carl Lindberg Award for loyalty.
My grandparents, Kuzma and Franca, grew up on the island of Kortula, small town of Blato in Croatia. I still have relatives there and was lucky to have been able to meet them during our visit to Croatia a couple of years ago. In the early 1900's, they made the decision to move to America and landed in Anacortes where my grandfather fished with many other Croatians that still reside there today.
I, too, took a turn at commercial salmon fishing in Kodiak and Ketchikan, Alaska during my law school days. In fact, the money I earned in Alaska allowed me to attend a private school, together with a golf scholarship I received. And, of course, my parents also helped along the way. I credit my years at Gonzaga and the tremendous education provided by the Jesuit priests, and others, for instilling a deep appreciation of people and life in me.
Early in my life I decided I wanted to be an attorney-someone who could help others as they were being taken advantage of by big corporations and insurance companies. I have dedicated my career to this cause and am proud to say that I have successfully helped hundreds of individuals obtain justice and fair compensation.
Since 1980, I have practiced mostly personal injury law (automobile collisions, wrongful death, premises cases and medical negligence actions). My office is located in a beautifully restored, 1907 Victorian house in Everett. I am blessed to have a wonderful staff including: Leslie Hollenbeck, Lorrie Glenn, and Kelli Mahan, who have been at my side for many years and share my commitment to helping others in distress. One great result is that we have former clients (now friends) who continue to maintain close contact even after their cases have been resolved. Over 90% of my new cases are from prior or existing clients. One thing I know for sure, it is critical that you hire an experienced, knowledgeable and capable attorney to help you. The insurance companies "take book" on all attorneys and it is my belief that due to my integrity, experience and knowledge, I have been able to maximize my clients results while avoiding much of the time and expense of going to trial. Having said this, there are cases that "have to be" tried, and you must have an attorney who is fully prepared for the same.
I am married to Dr. Kerry O'Neill, a chiropractor in Seattle and live in the Green Lake area. I love to golf, read, hike, watch movies with my husband and spend time with my many friends.
I am proud to say that I have been an Eagle member of the Washington State Association for Justice for nearly twenty years and served as its President, as well as serving on the Board of Governors. Today, I remain very active with WSAJ and serve on several committees. WSAJ is dedicated to fighting for you-whether that be in the Courtroom, in the legislature, or in the public arena. I received WSAJ Carl Maxey Award from for to my efforts to enhance the organization's involvement and commitment to diversity-especially with respect to the LGBTQ community. We were able to create, a Section for LGBTQ members and interested individuals that believe, without reservation, that no discrimination can be allowed and that all of us can, and should, be treated equally on our own merits.
My passion is to see that justice is done-in whatever form that takes and that NO ONE is taken advantage of or bullied, as we all deserve respect and compassion.
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1980
- Honors: cum laude
- Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1977
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science with Honors/Broadcast Journalism
- Washington, 1981
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1983
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1981
- Washington State Supreme Court
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Presidents Award recipient
- Best Attorney, Everett Daily Herald Readers Choice Award
- Life Member, National Registry of Who’s Who
- American Registry, Top 5%, America’s Most Honored Lawyers
Classes & Seminars
- Guest lecturer, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, WSAJ, Snohomish County Bar Association
- Arbitration Panel, Snohomish County Superior Court, Everett, Washington
- Bacetich-Duffy, a Professional Services Corporation,, President, 1996 to 2003
- Law Offices of Dominic L. Bacetich, 1985 to 1996
- Bacetich-Wilson, a Professional Services Partnership, 1984 to 1985
- Law Offices of Paul M. Stocker, Associate/Partner, 1983 to 1984
- Hutchinson & Foster, Associate, 1982 to 1983
- Law Office of Matthew D. Griffith, 1992
- Smith and Bacetich, 1981 to 1982
- Law Offices of Michael W. Smith, Associate, 1980 to 1981
- State of Washington, Department of Labor & Industries, Assistant Attorney General
- United States District Court, General Counsel
Fraternities or Sororities
- Alpha Sigma Nu
- Washington State Bar Association, 1980 to Present
- American Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice, PAC Board member
- Washington State Association for Justice, President, 2016 to 2017
- Washington State Association for Justice, Current Eagle Member
- Washington State Association for Justice, Former member of the Board of Governors,, 2008 to 2020
- Washington State Association for Justice, Judicial Relations, Diversity and Legislative Steering Committees
- Washington State Association for Justice, Lawyers Association Trust Board
- Washington State Association for Justice, PAC Board member
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Member/Former Officer, Board of Directors